Re: [ft-devel] 2.2.2

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] 2.2.2
Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2007 18:34:22 +0100 (CET)

> Now, we need to check that compilation works well on a broad range
> of platforms, that installation doesn't break a significant number
> of Linux distributions, as well as decide wether to call the next
> release 2.2.2 or 2.3

There's one regression w.r.t. Multiple Master fonts (I've sent mail
twice to Jens without a reply, unfortunately) I'm aware of.  In case
he doesn't answer I'll look at it by myself.

> [1] And yes, I tried git when working on Cairo, lost my work three
>     times in a row; I'm a bit disgusted and won't try it again with
>     FreeType until the developers fix the stupid interface, which
>     apparently is very unlikely...

I like git very much: Using the git on Savannah, the work with
lilypond is really fun.  And `gitk' (a git repository viewer) just
rocks.