Re: [ft-devel] Minor misc patches to freetype cvs, from custom changes i

From: Sean McBride
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Minor misc patches to freetype cvs, from custom changes in vtk
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 10:03:40 -0400

On 3/22/07 10:17 AM, address@hidden said:

>Now I'm going to commit your patch to CVS head,
>but I have small question.
>
>Your patch to builds/unix/ftconfig.in will disable
>Carbon support on 64bit ABI in Intel Mac.
>It means that the resource-fork based font support
>(ftmac.c) are unavailable completely. Not only
>deprecated QuickDraw and FileManager (FSSpec etc)
>functions, but also ATS and FSRef functions.
>It is intended design?

Yes.  On the current Mac OS (10.4.9 and earlier), on both PPC and Intel,
none of QuickDraw, File Manager, ATS, FSRefs, FSSpecs, etc. are
available to 64 bit applications.  Basically, ftmac.c cannot work in 64
bit on 10.4.

On 10.5, ftmac.c will be able to work in 64 bit, but since 10.5 is
unreleased....

Sean McBride, B. Eng                 address@hidden