[ft-devel] Suggested patch for the opentype validator

From: George Williams
Subject: [ft-devel] Suggested patch for the opentype validator
Date: 15 Jun 2008 07:48:43 -0700

I believe there is a bug in the opentype validator.

If I have a MarkToBase table with multiple mark classes and multiple
bases, and where at least one base is missing an attachment site
(anchor) for at least one mark class, then the validator will still
attempt to validate the missing anchor. (and often fail if the bass
array table doesn't look like an anchor.)

I believe that valid->extra2 should be set to 1 in
otv_MarkBasePos_validate. This will allow for a NULL anchor.