[ft-devel] Convert glyphs to/from CIDs?

From: Derek Clegg
Subject: [ft-devel] Convert glyphs to/from CIDs?
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2008 09:51:21 -0700

I have a CID-keyed font, and I need to obtain the underlying glyphs in the font for CIDs and vice-versa. Is there a public function which does this already?

If not, I'm happy to add it. I presume the best place to declare it would be in FT_CID_H since it's a CID-specific function?

As an aside, I was surprised to find that the "num_glyphs" field in FT_FaceRec doesn't provided the number of CIDs for CID-keyed fonts, but instead the number of glyphs. This seemed to be an odd mismatch between this value and the behavior of "FT_Load_Glyph" where the glyph index is the CID. Is there a way to obtain the number of CIDs in a CID-keyed font?

Derek