Re: [ft-devel] Convert glyphs to/from CIDs?

From: Derek Clegg
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Convert glyphs to/from CIDs?
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2008 14:17:25 -0700

On Jun 25, 2008, at 2:12 PM, Werner LEMBERG wrote:

I have a CID-keyed font, and I need to obtain the underlying glyphs in
the font for CIDs and vice-versa.  Is there a public function which
does this already?

What exactly do you mean?  [This is FreeType 2.3.6] If you call
FT_Load_Glyph for a CID-keyed font, you enter the CID, and you get
back the glyph structure.

Sorry, I meant "glyph index" — I want to convert from CID to glyph index and vice-versa. I need to do this because there are cases where I need to work directly with some raw tables in the font, but these are always keyed by glyph index.

Derek