[ft-devel] splitting cpp-macro arguments to multiple lines (Re: Some pub

From: mpsuzuki
Subject: [ft-devel] splitting cpp-macro arguments to multiple lines (Re: Some public APIs using FT_Int/FT_UInt should be improved in future)
Date: Thu, 25 Dec 2008 17:25:47 +0900

On Thu, 25 Dec 2008 08:53:42 +0100 (CET)
Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden> wrote:
>I see in the patch that you've changed
>
>  #define FTC_GCACHE_LOOKUP_CMP( cache, famcmp, nodecmp, hash,                \
>                                 gindex, query, node, error )                 \

>  #define FTC_GCACHE_LOOKUP_CMP( cache, famcmp, nodecmp, hash, gindex, query,
> node, error ) \
>
>(this is, all arguments of the macros are in a single line).  Why?

Oh, exactly your guessing is correct, I'm sorry for the lack of
detailed notice.

>Is there a bug in the Atari preprocessor which enforces that?
>In case my assumption is correct, please add a comment directly
>to the macros which are affected by this change so that it
>doesn't get reverted accidentally.

I've not checked if C89 (or C99) permits to split the cpp-
macro function's arguments to multiple lines (if permitted,
please let me know), or this issue is simply the unreasonable
restriction of AtariST/PureC compiler. Please wait.

Maybe writing the comment to one header file is insufficient,
other developer may want to split the arguments in other header
files. If it's possible to write some tool to collect all
arguments to single line (or, simple checker to detect the
splitted arguments), I want to include it and write a document
for AtariST, how to prepare the sources.

Regards,
mpsuzuki