Re: [ft-devel] freetype 2.3.8 warnings

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] freetype 2.3.8 warnings
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2009 07:16:54 +0100 (CET)

> WARNING: While resolving call to function 'FTC_GNode_Compare'
> arguments were dropped!

No idea what this is...

> base/fttrigon.c: In function 'FT_Vector_Rotate':
> base/fttrigon.c:439: warning: right shift count >= width of type
> base/fttrigon.c:440: warning: right shift count >= width of type

Hmm.  For me, this warning appears to be completely useless.  Any
value larger or equal to 32 makes the result consisting of zeros only,
and there is no datatype which holds only 5 bits.  Does the compiler
expect a bitmask or what?  Can you dig into the compiler's
documentation to give more details?