Re: [ft-devel] freetype 2.3.8 warnings

From: mpsuzuki
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] freetype 2.3.8 warnings
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2009 16:38:48 +0900

Just I've updated my PowerBook G4 to Mac OS X 10.5.6
and Xcode 3.1.2.

On Fri, 23 Jan 2009 10:34:19 -0500
"Sean McBride" <address@hidden> wrote:

>On 1/23/09 7:16 AM, Werner LEMBERG said:
>
>>> WARNING: While resolving call to function 'FTC_GNode_Compare'
>>> arguments were dropped!
>>
>>No idea what this is...
>
>Likewise.  No matter.

It seems that this warning is related with the optimization.
If I compile with -O2, llvm-gcc-4.2 gives this warning. But
If I compile with -O0, llvm-gcc-4.2 doesn't give this warning.

>>> base/fttrigon.c: In function 'FT_Vector_Rotate':
>>> base/fttrigon.c:439: warning: right shift count >= width of type
>>> base/fttrigon.c:440: warning: right shift count >= width of type
>>
>>Hmm.  For me, this warning appears to be completely useless.  Any
>>value larger or equal to 32 makes the result consisting of zeros only,
>>expect a bitmask or what?  Can you dig into the compiler's
>>documentation to give more details?
>
>The warning comes from gcc 4.2's -Wall, more specifically from -Wstrict-
>overflow=1 (which is part of -Wall).

Yet I couldn't reproduce this warning. Could you post the
preprocessor output which can be obtained by -save-temps?

Regards,
mpsuzuki