[ft-devel] Incremental font support

From: Ralph Giles
Subject: [ft-devel] Incremental font support
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 10:35:30 -0800

Werner,

We've been trying to resurrect the freetype "bridge" code in
ghostscript, and have been testing against the freetype 2.3.8 release.
I think there may be some bit rot in the incremental font support. In
particular, at t1gload.c:287 T1_Load_Glyph() throws
T1_Err_Invalid_Argument if the requested glyph index is larger than
num_glyphs in the face. Yet as far as I can tell this was never set
through the incremental font api.

Similarly, version 1.205 of ttgload.c broke incremental truetype handling.

What can we do to fix this up? Is our code wrong? How is this supposed
to work. Do you have any tests for the incremental api?

 -r