Re: [ft-devel] Incremental font support

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Incremental font support
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2009 12:49:45 +0100 (CET)

> Remove the 'if ( glyph_index >= face->root.num_glyphs )' clause at
> t1gload.c:287, and the test example renders.
>
> So, what can we do to fix this? The check was added when the glyph
> id bounds checking as moved from FT_Load_Glyph to resolve
> http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?18301.

The main question: What does `glyph_index' stand for within the bridge
to GhostScript?  In another recent mail Jun Dai asked whether
FT_Load_Glyph can load real glyph indices for CID-keyed fonts, and
I've answered `no'.  Probably you need exactly the same.

If this my assumption is correct I'll add a load flag to FT_Load_Glyph
to suppress the special CID handling.