Re: [ft-devel] loading fonts with signature 'OTTO'

From: Ken Sharp
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] loading fonts with signature 'OTTO'
Date: Fri, 05 Mar 2010 14:05:11 +0000

At 13:40 05/03/2010 +0000, Graham Asher wrote:

Does anyone know whether FreeType supports fonts with the signature (first 4 bytes) 'OTTO', and if so, which drivers are needed, and in which version was support added for this format? I have googled for some time, and experimented with various drivers, but without success, so forgive me for asking: the answer isn't obvious to me.

OTTO fonts are OpenType fonts, these may contain *either* TrueType or CFF glyph programs.

I have to say that I'm not certain if FreeType handles these directly, our own code interrogates the font and passes the glyph information to the appropriate FT interpreter.

See also:

http://www.freetype.org/freetype2/docs/ft2faq.html#other-opentype
http://www.freetype.org/freetype2/index.html
http://www.freetype.org/freetype2/docs/reference/ft2-ot_validation.html