Re: [ft-devel] [FYI] Re: Getting pathname from FT_Face (patch for future

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] [FYI] Re: Getting pathname from FT_Face (patch for future discussion)
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2010 07:05:56 +0100 (CET)

> Werner, except of the code size, do you have any concern
> about my patch?

Everything looks fine.  However, I have just skimmed it, without
looking too much into the details.

> # One of my concern (except of the code size) is that APIs like
> # FT_Get_Path_From_Stream() is a bad idea from the viewpoint of
> # software design, and it can encourage badly-designed FT2 clients.

Abusing APIs is something we shouldn't worry about IMHO.  Remember
that a few weeks ago (IIRC) someone has asked how to get the font's
file name.  Maybe this and Behdad's wishes can be combined into a
`generic' API, using flags to control what the function returns.