Re: [ft-devel] Re: [FYI] Re: Getting pathname from FT_Face (patch for fu

From: Behdad Esfahbod
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Re: [FYI] Re: Getting pathname from FT_Face (patch for future discussion)
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2010 22:55:52 -0400

On 03/15/2010 08:36 AM, address@hidden wrote:

>   FT_EXPORT( FT_Error )
>   FT_Object_Get_Property( FT_Library    library,
>                           FT_Pointer    object,
>                           const char*   object_type,
>                           const char*   property_name,
>                           FT_Pointer*   property,
>                           const char**  property_type );

Ok, now I think this is a bit over-engineering it :).  It looks more like
Python than FreeType!  I think the previous API was more inline with
FreeType's API design.

In another note, since you seem to be writing a lot of FreeType patches
recently, it doesn't hurt to ask: have you ever considered implementing
reference counts for FreeType?  That would be very highly appreciated by all
the building blocks sitting on top of FreeType!  I know at least cairo,
harfbuzz, and pango have gone way out of their way to work around this.

Cheers,
behdad