Re: [ft-devel] Missing glyphs in Opentype fonts in FreeType 2.4.0

From: Tobias Wolf
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Missing glyphs in Opentype fonts in FreeType 2.4.0
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2010 16:38:39 +0200

On Do, 2010-07-15 at 23:24 +0900, suzuki toshiya wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to check, but Adobe's Minion is not free font. I want to test
> by Vollkorn family, but its glyph order is not same with ASCII or
> Unicode, it's slightly difficult for me to find what's missing.
> Please let me know what is missing in Vollkorn family.

Sorry, I just noticed that the version of Vollkorn offered for download
under that link is TrueType and not OpenType anymore.

I’ll attach my otf version. Should be covered under OpenFont license.

MinionPro was chosen because it 1) is from Adobe and supposedly
professionally made 2) comes with Adobe Reader. If you have Linux and
Adobe Reader installed just use "locate MinionPro-Regular.otf".

On my system it is in:
/opt/Adobe/Reader9/Resource/Font/MinionPro-Regular.otf

But this effect can be seen in other professional OpenType .otf fonts as
well. Neither of which I can share.

--Tobias