Re: [ft-devel] Missing glyphs in Opentype fonts in FreeType 2.4.0

From: suzuki toshiya
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Missing glyphs in Opentype fonts in FreeType 2.4.0
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2010 23:54:57 +0900

Hi,

I think I could reproduce your issue. It seems that the issue appears
since following commit.

commit e9f0cdb6c0f44edcebc3ceb9d102f48f4aebd055
Author: Werner Lemberg <address@hidden>
Date: Sun Jun 27 12:34:19 2010 +0200

[cff] Protect against invalid `hintmask' and `cntrmask' operators.

* src/cff/cffgload.c (cff_decoder_parse_charstrings)
<cff_op_hintmask>: Ensure that we don't exceed `limit' while parsing
the bit masks of the `hintmask' and `cntrmask' operators.

After this commit, I receive such kind of errors from tracing
message.

glyph index 5:
29 16 -21 425 38 3 29 callgsubr(136)
-20 hstemhm
hintmaskcff_decoder_parse_charstrings: syntax error

[thus, 5th glyph is missing]

glyph index 6:
-20 -9 48 381 47 hstem
30 98 238 98 vstem
-101 callsubr(6)

I will check Type2 charstring spec if it's invalid. But it's
surprising for me that Adobe's Minion Pro might have such
problem...

Regards,
mpsuzuki