Re: [ft-devel] Invalid Preprocessor directive: #include FT_FREETYPE_H

From: Alan Coopersmith
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Invalid Preprocessor directive: #include FT_FREETYPE_H
Date: Tue, 05 Oct 2010 21:39:35 -0700

Werner LEMBERG wrote:
>>> CFLAGS += $freetype_cflags
>>> LDFLAGS += $freetype_libs
>>> arm-none-eabi-gcc: reetype_cflags: No such file or directory
>> Welcome to the make command.  You MUST bracket all variable names
>> longer than a character - "$freetype_cflags" is the variable $f
>> followed by the string "reetype_cflags" - since you don't have a $f
>> defined, that becomes the empty string, followed by the string
>> "reetype_cflags".
>>
>> You need to change the makefile to:
>>  CFLAGS += ${freetype_cflags}
>>  LDFLAGS += ${freetype_libs}
>
> *Blush* :-)

Heh.  I remember that one from having gotten it wrong too many times
in my makefiles - my problem is usually going the other way, trying
to write Makefile variables into shell scripts, and then finding my
script is deciding $(FOO) means "run the command FOO", not "expand
the variable FOO".

--
        -Alan Coopersmith-        address@hidden