Re: [ft-devel] Any tool that visually present segments of autofit module

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Any tool that visually present segments of autofit module?
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2011 08:52:03 +0200 (CEST)

A few months ago you've written:

> Are there any tool which visually present segments of autofit
> module?  Something like stems shown in the glyph view of fontforge.

No, but I'll probably add this to ftgrid since it would be helpful for
my work on the ttfautohint stuff.  But it isn't an urgent issue, and
in case you have time to implement it I would be very grateful :-)

> It seems that ftgrid can dump autofit segment data to the terminal.
> But it's awkward to use with no label on the axis.

Yep, another thing which should be added.

> Besides, that function was broken.  I attached a patch to re-enable
> the function.

Thanks.  I've fixed that differently in ftgrid so that you get dumps
only if the autofitter is active.

> The ftgrid binary need to be recompiled against a freetype lib with
> AF_DEBUG defined.  I see no benefit of this forced recompilation
> other than a slightly less symbol pollution.

Again, I've applied a different solution by replacing the local
AF_DEBUG with a global FT_DEBUG_AUTOFIT macro in `ftoption.h' which is
enabled by default if you say `make devel; make'.