Re: [ft-devel] Any tool that visually present segments of autofit module

From: Just Fill Bugs
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Any tool that visually present segments of autofit module?
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2011 13:56:08 +0800

On 04/24/2011 02:05 PM, Werner LEMBERG wrote:
I very much dislike the use of afhints.h and aftypes.h within the user
space.  Could you instead add debug hooks to afhints.c which can be
used for communication?  The simplest form could be something like
these two functions:

   FT_Error
   af_glyph_hints_get_num_segments(AF_GlyphHints hints,
                                   int dimension,
                                   FT_Int* num_segments);

   FT_Error
   af_glyph_hints_get_segment_offset(AF_GlyphHints hints,
                                     int dimension,
                                     FT_Int idx,
                                     FT_Pos* offset);

Okey, I add the accessor functions to afhint.c.

I also made the segment drawing independent of the force autofit mode. I found that the segment lines are useful reference with or without autofit turned on.

One observation I had is that in order to have the outlines merge with the segments into one, I have to

1. turn on force autofit (f)
2. turn of Horizontal and Vertical Hinting (H and V)
3. turn on hinting (h)

Otherwise, there are always some offset between the outlines and the segments.