Re: [ft-devel] Freetype2 - Install issues under Linux SUSE SLES 11 SP1

From: suzuki toshiya
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Freetype2 - Install issues under Linux SUSE SLES 11 SP1
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2011 00:02:03 +0900

Hi,

I think ".zip" file is designed for the systems using "\r\n"
for line separator, like, Microsoft Windows, Microsoft DOS etc.
Could you try ".tar.gz" source?

Regards,
mpsuzuki

falbriard wrote (2011/09/15 22:18):
Thanks Werner and Toshiya for your quick reply. See below the error message
from the configure shell that comes with the original .zip distribution:
zbra:/opt/python/freetype2/freetype-2.4.6 # sh ./configure
: command not found5:
: command not found7:
'/configure: line 73: syntax error near unexpected token `do
'/configure: line 73: `  for x in "$@"; do

source: 72 if test $# -gt 0; then
73  for x in "$@"; do
74    case x"$x" in
75    x--srcdir=*)
76      abs_ft2_dir=`echo $x | sed 's/^--srcdir=//'` ;;
77    esac
78  done
79 fi

This might me the cause of the problem, as the configure shell stops with a
syntax error. Any insight or idea how to fix it is welcome. Regards, Claude

Werner LEMBERG wrote:

Having issues with compiling and installing the Freetype2 package.

 Both commands, the "make" as well as the "jam install" are throwing
errors
(see details below).
The standard incantation is

  ./configure <your options>
  make
  sudo make install

It looks like you've missed the configuring step.  Say `configure
--help' to see possible options.

The Jamfile is mainly intended for Windows; it doesn't have an
`install' target, and you must move the created files manually.  [Jam
support is not maintained, unfortunately.]