Re: [ft-devel] regarding freetype 2 cubic curve flattening

From: Alexei Podtelezhnikov
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] regarding freetype 2 cubic curve flattening
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 08:27:31 -0400

Hi All,

I finally understand where Vivek is coming from. There is a temptation
to tolerate deviations larger than ONE_PIXEL on long arches that may appear
with larger font sizes (say, 24 pixels or more). Sure, they'll look
smooth (not angular).
We are not about smoothness though. We need correct pixel-by-pixel shape.
Therefore, we *always* tolerate a constant fraction of ONE_PIXEL no matter
how long the arch is.

Alexei

--
Alexei A. Podtelezhnikov, PhD