Re: [ft-devel] regarding freetype 2 cubic curve flattening

From: Vivek Rathod
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] regarding freetype 2 cubic curve flattening
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 22:53:38 +0530

Alexei,

I did not mean to talk about the tolerance on deviation.

I misunderstood this comment.
"/* Max deviation may be as much as (s/L) * 3/4 (if Hain's v = 1). */"
Here, I think, the max deviation is in Hain's r s coordinate system(
section 3) and s is the actual control point distance limit.

In that case s_limit - calculated as "s_limit = L * (TPos)( ONE_PIXEL
/ 6 );" - is correct for comparing with distance of the control
points.

Sorry for this confusion.
Thanks.