[ft-devel] FreeType Engine

From: Mano Goharla'ee
Subject: [ft-devel] FreeType Engine
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2012 13:32:47 -0800

Hello,

    We are developing a medical device using an ARM based architecture in an embedded environment.  We are using IAR compiler with Micrium RTOS. The device has a touch screen color LCD display (TFT), and requires many different fonts and font sizes for buttons labels, menus, etc. Can we use the FreeType engine in such an environment? We would like to avoid keeping tens of different font tables (bitmaps). It would be nice to have a single font which gets scaled correctly to other sizes. Please advise,

Thanks

Man Goharlaee

Manager software Development

GluMetrics Inc.