Re: [ft-devel] FreeType Engine

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] FreeType Engine
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2012 15:20:17 +0900

Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden> writes:
> BTW, if you need to see real-life usage of FreeType on ARM and similar
> chips, simply look at your favourite smartphone: Almost all of them
> use FreeType for rendering fonts, in particular everything using
> Android or iOS.

... the traditional ipod too (which I presume has some sort of very
minimal OS) ... it's kind of neat scrolling through the "credits info"
screen on my ipod nano and seeing all the blurbs from famous FOSS
packages -- including freetype.  :)

-miles

--
"She looks like the wax version of herself."
                                   [Comment under a Paris Hilton fashion pic]