[ft-devel] Consent confirmation for Freetype 2.4.5.

From: hiroshi4.ueda
Subject: [ft-devel] Consent confirmation for Freetype 2.4.5.
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2012 08:13:36 +0000

Dear Freetype team,

We are considering using your program Freetype 2.4.5 in our produ cts.  Before going any further, however, we would like to confirm the following so that we are sure to fully respect your rights.  You are the author and owner of the copyrights in the program.  You have distributed the program under the attached license that permits us to use and redistribute the program with or without modification provided that any conditions stated in the license are met.

If you would please send me a return email confirming the above, that would be most appreciated.  And thank you very much for taking the time to create such a useful program.

Thank you in advance for your kindness.

Sincerely yours,

Hiroshi Ueda

Toshiba Corporation

<LICENSE>

Copy the license here.

he  FreeType 2  font  engine is  copyrighted  work and  cannot be  used

legally  without a  software license.   In  order to  make this  project

usable  to a vast  majority of  developers, we  distribute it  under two

mutually exclusive open-source licenses.

This means  that *you* must choose  *one* of the  two licenses described

below, then obey  all its terms and conditions when  using FreeType 2 in

any of your projects or products.

  - The FreeType License, found in  the file `FTL.TXT', which is similar

    to the original BSD license *with* an advertising clause that forces

    you  to  explicitly cite  the  FreeType  project  in your  product's

    documentation.  All  details are in the license  file.  This license

    is  suited  to products  which  don't  use  the GNU  General  Public

    License.

    Note that  this license  is  compatible  to the  GNU General  Public

    License version 3, but not version 2.

  - The GNU General Public License version 2, found in  `GPLv2.TXT' (any

    later version can be used  also), for programs which already use the

    GPL.  Note  that the  FTL is  incompatible  with  GPLv2 due  to  its

    advertisement clause.

The contributed BDF and PCF drivers come with a license similar  to that

of the X Window System.  It is compatible to the above two licenses (see

file src/bdf/README and src/pcf/README).

The gzip module uses the zlib license (see src/gzip/zlib.h) which too is

compatible to the above two licenses.

--- end of LICENSE.TXT ---