Re: [ft-devel] TTfautohint issues with small counters

From: Hirwen HARENDAL
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] TTfautohint issues with small counters
Date: Wed, 30 May 2012 14:56:49 +0000

Hi Vern

> e.g. when the gap between dot and stem in 'i' gets blocked, it's bad font design and can easilly be corrected ;) .

** Maybe because the latin module of TTFAH treats "i" (and "j") using the blue zone of small letter like"f" (fijbdkhl), when the
design choice (not bad design !) not have the top of the dot in the blue zone, but for example, between this bluezone and the top of the i.
I don't know if possible to assimilate in TTFautohint "i" and "j" like glyph accentued (eacute etc.). Notice that is also true for other latin glyphs
using dot (edot, gdot...)
If you would like to test this try IkariusADF and BaskerwaldADF, But you need to convert them, OTF to TTF before.

Regards
Hirwen