Re: [ft-devel] GDI ClearType support for ttfautohint available

From: vern adams
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] GDI ClearType support for ttfautohint available
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2012 11:24:30 +0100

Oh! :)
Well looking at the git repo i notice the latest build added function for
different flavours of cleartype rendering; "If GDI ClearType is active, we use
a different stem width function which snaps to integer pixels as much as
possible".
I assumed this what partly was effecting rendering now under DirectWrite? I see
no difference under GDI.
see screenshots at
https://picasaweb.google.com/107807505287232434305/Ttfautohint09

-v