Re: [ft-devel] [patch] fuller right margin in ftview

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] [patch] fuller right margin in ftview
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2012 14:33:37 +0200 (CEST)

> I've picked FT_Err_Raster_Overflow to indicate the boundary.  Is
> that appropriate?

No, it isn't IMHO: FT_Err_Raster_Overflow is a fatal error, indicating
a serious problem which the rasterizer can't manage.  I think a simple
integer will serve as return error instead of FT_Error.

> I am also considering whether to add a 2-4-pixel right margin.

This is a good idea, I think.

BTW, what I would *really* like to have is resizing of the demo
program windows.  However, this is a non-trivial issue since it means
surgery within the small FreeType demo graphics library for a bunch of
various platforms.  A compromise might be to have command line options
to set the windows size.