Re: [ft-devel] [patch] fuller right margin in ftview

From: Alexei Podtelezhnikov
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] [patch] fuller right margin in ftview
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2012 12:56:12 -0400

On Wed, Jun 27, 2012 at 8:33 AM, Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden> wrote:

>> I've picked FT_Err_Raster_Overflow to indicate the boundary.  Is
>> that appropriate?
>
> No, it isn't IMHO: FT_Err_Raster_Overflow is a fatal error, indicating
> a serious problem which the rasterizer can't manage.  I think a simple
> integer will serve as return error instead of FT_Error.

Yes, but the drawing functions ultimately inherit the error codes from
FT_Glyph_To_Bitmap currently. Therefore it has to be something
different from those defined in fterrdef.h to distinguish. It would be
good if freetype reserved an FT_Err_User, defined as -1 or 0xFF
perhaps, which is not yet taken.