Re: [ft-devel] [ttfautohint] stem width handling is now selectable

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] [ttfautohint] stem width handling is now selectable
Date: Sun, 01 Jul 2012 23:07:33 +0200 (CEST)

> In theory, what difference should there be under which render
> settings?

First of all, I'm not sure whether the selection of the three
rendering modes really works as expected.  My only test was with
current git version of FreeType, and there everything's fine...

To be sure to really see the different two algorithms regardless of
the platform, please process your test font with

  ttfautohint -w "gGD" ... foo.ttf foo-strong.ttf

and with

  ttfautohint -w "" ... foo.ttf foo-smooth.ttf