Re: [ft-devel] Glyph metrics figures on the website

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Glyph metrics figures on the website
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2012 10:21:59 +0200 (CEST)

> I just added an example in the freetype-py (python bindings) to
> reproduce glyph metrics as displayed on the website.

Very nice!

> Since images on
> http://www.freetype.org/freetype2/docs/tutorial/step2.html are a bit
> ugly (IMHO), maybe it could be a good idea to replace them.  What do
> you think ?

An excellent idea, and thanks for the offer!  However, I ask you to
slightly improve the image:

  . If possible, please replace Computer Modern with another font and
    double its size so that everything stays readable if I scale down
    the image.

  . Please add some margins to the image.

  . Please increase the line thickness of the coordinate axis.

  . What do you think of providing two images instead of one?