[ft-devel] simply normalize

From: Alexei Podtelezhnikov
Subject: [ft-devel] simply normalize
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2013 23:29:34 -0500

Hi all,

I have just made two commits [081aba390a64,0e0fdc5dc89e] that remove
some very old vector normalization hack from the TrueType bytecode
interpreter and slightly potentially improve the accuracy of the
normalization. It appears that this error compensation hack was
introduced to deal with limited accuracy of the vector length
calculation for long vectors back in FreeType1 days [commit
b7ef2b096867]. Since FreeType switched to CORDIC algorithms, this hack
has no longer been necessary. In my testing I do not see any problems
with these commits, but please test.

Thank you,
Alexei