[ft-devel] heads-up: TrueType height computation has been fixed

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: [ft-devel] heads-up: TrueType height computation has been fixed
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2013 11:31:02 +0100 (CET)

Folks,

just a heads-up which might influence applications: I've just fixed a
bug in the TrueType handler to correctly compute the `height' value of
the `FT_Face' structure.  Up to now, the following was done:

  ascender_int = round(ascender_26.6);
  descender_int = round(descender_26.6);
  height_int = round(height_26.6);

This has been replaced with

  ascender_int = round(ascender_26.6);
  descender_int = round(descender_26.6);
  height_int = ascender_int - descender_int;

to be in sync with Windows.

I wonder whether we should do the same for non-TrueType fonts.  I think
yes, but please comment!