Re: [ft-devel] heads-up: TrueType height computation has been fixed

From: Infinality
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] heads-up: TrueType height computation has been fixed
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2013 08:37:06 -0600

I wonder whether we should do the same for non-TrueType fonts.  I
think yes, but please comment!
Are there any known TTF fonts where the hinting is impacted
(positively or negatively) by this change?
No, this change is not related to hinting at all.  It affects *all*
TrueType fonts regardless of hinting.

Understood... I was just wondering if we have any examples of real-world, visual impact of the change, whether that's on hinting or something else.