[ft-devel] Enhancements for Subpixel Rendering

From: Infinality
Subject: [ft-devel] Enhancements for Subpixel Rendering
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2013 22:53:33 -0600

Here are the latest updates I've been working on for the subpixel hinting stuff. This removes a few hard-coded tweaks in favor of automatic detection. In addition it attempts to follow the MS whitepaper more by restricting the conditions of the FDEFs to those specified instead of "everything". The ttfautohint detection is probably no longer needed, as it should behave like a modern font, given that it doesn't contain signatures that trigger other opcode pattern recognition.

Some variables have been moved into the face object, because they really belong there, and not in the execution context. Also, this patch should bring back the high performance (close to native) that it had prior to the last commit I did. I attempted to commit this with David's latest patch but ran into some issues, so this doesn't include his C++ compatibility stuff.

Some of the syntax may need to be checked... it's probably not perfect but it's close. Should apply cleanly to the latest git. Comments / suggestions / compliments welcome. :D

Thanks,
Erik