Re: [ft-devel] using pkg-config

From: John Tytgat
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] using pkg-config
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2013 09:56:13 +0200

On 9/17/2013 8:50 AM, Miles Bader wrote:
2013/9/17 Behdad Esfahbod <address@hidden>:
It also used to the case that pkg-config didn't handle
cross-compilation properly (I haven't checked this in a while), which
seems like it would be an issue for freetype.
Works just fine for cross-compiling.  I do that every day.
It does?  How does it work?
Define PKG_CONFIG_LIBDIR
At least with standard autoconf practices, pkg-config doesn't even
seem to notice if you're cross-compiling, and just gives info for the
cross-compilation host, which is usually incorrect...
True, that's the current situation but with PKG_CONFIG_LIBDIR defined you can avoid this.

There are plans for a --host option (http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/pkg-config/CrossCompileProposal/) but I don't know what the current state is.

John.