Re: [ft-devel] Infinality

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Infinality
Date: Tue, 03 Mar 2015 21:46:40 +0100 (CET)

> What will it take to get the infinality patches merged into
> freetype?

Unfortunately, this is not easy to answer.  In general, I will reject
all parts that use environment variables to control the library.  The
biggest problem, however, is that Erik has no longer time (or
interest) to work on his patches...

> I ask because after upgrading to Fedora 21 I can't seem to install
> it and even with freetype-freeworld the font rendering is, quite
> honestly, horrible.  Blurry and gives me a headache within 10
> minutes.

Hmm.  Then you shouldn't use auto-hinting.

> If anyone knows how to get infinality working on Fedora 21
> I'd be happy, but that's not the main purpose of my email.

It seems that you can find updated patches at

  http://bohoomil.com/