Re: [ft-devel] GX support now working

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] GX support now working
Date: Sat, 06 Jun 2015 09:35:03 +0200 (CEST)

> Yes, I only counted the on-curve points, in the order as supplied by
> MacOS.  Attached a version where the control points are numbered,
> too.

Hmm, this doesn't reflect the numbering scheme in TrueType fonts,
which only numbers points actually present in the glyf table.

I've just added point numbering to the `ftgrid' demo program (key
`D'), and I don't see a sudden inversion of the outline with points
38-51 – this corresponds to points 52-69 in your image.

>> I think at this point the question is, why does the slash change
>> orientation at certain ranges.
>
> If FreeType doesn't have these artifacts, it might possibly be a bug
> in Apple's code?

I'm quite sure that this is a bug, yes (and a quite severe one IMHO).
Please send a report to the Apple font team!

    Werner

PNG image