Re: [ft-devel] max_instructions in ttfautohint

From: Cosimo Lupo
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] max_instructions in ttfautohint
Date: Mon, 8 Jun 2015 11:47:00 +0100

Thank you Werner.

I just forwarded the question to the OpenType mailing list.

I wonder, does FreeType actually use that value when allocating memory for
TrueType instructions?
I guess it doesn’t..

And yes, FVal is very old — although the warning is in accordance with the TT
and OT specs on the matter.

Let’s see what people from MS have to say.
Thanks again,

Cosimo

--
Cosimo Lupo, Font Design, Dalton Maag Ltd
9th Floor, Blue Star House, 234-240 Stockwell Road, London, SW9 9SP, UK

Mobile: +44 7825 324360  London Office: +44 20 7924 0633

Registered office: Mutfords, Hare Street, Buntingford, SG9 0ED, UK
Registered in England and Wales: 3103619