[ft-devel] integer suffix abuse

From: Alexei Podtelezhnikov
Subject: [ft-devel] integer suffix abuse
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2015 11:52:21 -0400

Hi All,

I think we abuse the suffix L in integer constants. I understand the
desire to make sure that very common 0x10000L is 32-bit to represent a
unit in 16.16 fixed-point representation. On modern 64-bit systems
that actually becomes an unnecessary 64-bit constant. Perhaps the
suffix was used with 16-bit systems in mind, but 0x10000 cannot fit
into 16-bit integer and will always be 32-bit even on 16-bit systems.

Am I missing something?

Alexei