Re: [ft-devel] Announcing FreeType 2.6.2

From: Nikolaus Waxweiler
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Announcing FreeType 2.6.2
Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2015 12:01:41 +0100

The text looks ok (there are some minor typos here and there).
However, I don't understand what you want to say with `that I want on
freetype.org' — I thought this is text for *your* blog, isn't it?

Ah, so I was ambiguous. I don't have a blog, I wrote this for freetype.org :) Release announcements are usually terse and technical, so I wanted to write something with pictures that Phoronix and other sites could report about and that could maybe be used as a sales pitch for packagers to update sooner ;) After all, there are at least two user-visible changes in 2.6.2 that people may want to know about.