[ft-devel] Pango error due to #including FT_ERRORS_H

From: John Emmas
Subject: [ft-devel] Pango error due to #including FT_ERRORS_H
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2016 14:08:35 +0000

I posted this to the pango mailing list a few minutes ago but it just occurred
to me that this list might be better...

I updated freetype2 a few days ago (i.e. I pulled the latest source code from
git) and I've just realised that pango fails to build now (with MSVC).  The
problem is at these lines, round about line 540 of 'pango/pangoft2.c':-

     static const ft_error_description ft_errors[] =
   #include FT_ERRORS_H

   #undef FT_ERRORDEF
   #undef FT_ERROR_START_LIST
   #undef FT_ERROR_END_LIST

     ft_error_description *found = /* <-- ERROR HERE !!! */
       bsearch (&error, ft_errors, G_N_ELEMENTS (ft_errors),
            sizeof (ft_errors[0]), ft_error_compare);

MSVC gives me:-  'error C2275: 'ft_error_description' : illegal use of this
type as an expression'.  To be honest, I suspect that the actual error might be
a few lines earlier - i.e.

     static const ft_error_description ft_errors[] =
   #include FT_ERRORS_H

My best guess is that something got changed somewhere in 'freetype/fterrors.h'.
 It does look like something got done (about a week ago) to remove underscores
from some macro names but I'm not sure why that would cause this problem.  Can
anyone hazard a guess at what might be wrong?  Thanks,

John