Re: [ft-devel] Pango error due to #including FT_ERRORS_H

From: John Emmas
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Pango error due to #including FT_ERRORS_H
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2016 17:02:58 +0000

On 20/01/2016 15:15, Werner LEMBERG wrote:

Can you call the preprocessor only, then checking the expanded source
code for the problem?

Hi Werner - are you talking about freetype2 here, or pango? AFAICT the only source files getting generated / preprocessed are 'config.h.win32' and 'pango-features.h' (both from pango). Nothing gets preprocessed for freetype2, unless I'm missing something.

As an aside, I restored a recent backup of freetype2 (made on 3rd Jan 2016). After restoring that previous version, everything builds okay again. So that's a pretty good indication that this is due to a recent change in freetype2. I also tried changing this at line 541 of 'pango/pangoft2.c':-

      static const ft_error_description ft_errors[] =

Just as an experiment I changed it to this:-

      static const ft_error_description ft_errors[256];

Needless to say, I wouldn't expect that to work properly - but it does fix the compilation problem (i.e. another indication that the error lies in 'fterrors.h'). Hope that helps,

John