Re: [ft-devel] Experimental: v38 interpreter with minimal backwards comp

From: Nikolaus Waxweiler
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Experimental: v38 interpreter with minimal backwards compatibility mode and linear advance widths
Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2016 19:54:30 +0200

I think we would have the following benefits.

. There is a lot of code that is identical to the Infinality and lean
  code, which could be then simply tested with

    #ifdef TT_CONFIG_OPTION_SUBPIXEL_HINTING

Thanks to different data structures that I'm not keen on touching, I'd still need macros and ifs to keep both interpreter versions apart...

Okay, off to think about how to do this...