Re: [ft-devel] implementing detection of hinting/rasterization errors in

From: Hin-Tak Leung
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] implementing detection of hinting/rasterization errors in fonts
Date: Sun, 3 Jul 2016 21:37:24 +0000 (UTC)

The answer to the first question is "exc->curRange == tt_coderange_font" . Not
obvious, but still not too difficult to find.

I'll update https://github.com/HinTak/Font-Validator/issues/5 , and go ahead
and plan for fontval's next release...

On Sun, 3/7/16, Hin-Tak Leung <address@hidden> wrote:

 Please ignore the 2nd question - it
 is just "exc->is_composite" !

 On Sun, 3/7/16, Hin-Tak Leung <address@hidden>
 wrote:

  The one I haven't figured out how to do is "INSTCTRL not
  called from pre-program" . Obviously I as a person, know
  whether I am processing fpgm or the glyph proper. Is there
  flag within the byte-code interpreter's context that says
  "currently processing fpgm" ? I assume it is somewhere
  inside.

  The other quick question - where in freetype does it keeps
  track that the current glyph is a composite glyph? I am
 sure
  it is somewhere, and probably not too important (just the
  glyph id is useful enough to get font designers to go fix
  things...), but the ms 2003 binary's output message
 includes
  "composite glyph id x" vs "glyph x", so it would be nice
  do that too.