Re: [ft-devel] C99, long long, and inline

From: Alexei Podtelezhnikov
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] C99, long long, and inline
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2016 18:29:12 -0400

> The 'correct' thing to do (IMAO) is to use an int64_t (or ft_int64_t if you
> prefer) type. On systems that provide int64_t, we have no problems. On
> systems that don't provide it, then we can #define int64_t long long

 I mostly complain about -ansi option in the Makefile. It will
complain no matter what you call "long long" or "inline". We can keep
the code as close to C89 as we can, but I argue that the default
should be C99. WE have to make users of exotic compilers do the work
about enabling 64-bit emulation and ignoring inline, not vice versa.
Right now they have easier time than 32-bit linux users.