Re: [ft-devel] [ft] Another problem with X11 PCF fonts and 2.7.1, now wi

From: Vincent Torri
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] [ft] Another problem with X11 PCF fonts and 2.7.1, now with bisect
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2017 08:25:56 +0100

Hello

you can have a math formula to link the tarball version and the
libtool one, following what Johnny mentioned :

tarball version micro++ : bug fixes
tarball version minor++ : addition of API and micro set to 0
tarball version major++ : API and ABI break and micro and minor set to 0

then, here is what we use in our configure.ac's :

m4_define([v_maj], [1])
m4_define([v_min], [18])
m4_define([v_mic], [7])
m4_define([v_ver], [v_maj.v_min.v_mic])

m4_define([lt_cur], [m4_eval(v_maj + v_min)])
m4_define([lt_rev], [v_mic])
m4_define([lt_age], [v_min])

AC_INIT([project], [v_ver], [mail])

version_info="lt_cur:lt_rev:lt_age"