Re: [ft-devel] New `slight' auto-hinting mode

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] New `slight' auto-hinting mode
Date: Tue, 02 May 2017 13:41:15 +0200 (CEST)

>> OK, thanks to all who replied with feedback.  All of you prefer to
>> improve `light', so I will remove `slight' again.

This is now done.  I've also added a `subpixel light' mode to
`ftdiff'.  Please test!

> - Fractional advance is incompatible with warping, where you still
>   have to rely on both deltas for optimal layout.  As such, warping
>   could be offered as a NORMAL option instead.

Do you volunteer to implement that?  We now have the framework for
separate auto-hinting size metrics.  Note that this is something to be
done after the next release.

> - Please extend fractional advances to LCD target.

It's not clear to me what you want.  Please elaborate.