Re: [ft-devel] [smooth] Implement minimal dynamic padding for LCD filter

From: Nikolaus Waxweiler
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] [smooth] Implement minimal dynamic padding for LCD filtering. -- Still breaks Firefox
Date: Tue, 30 May 2017 19:39:47 +0200

> Disable subpixel rendering for the time being

No! It makes font rendering tolerable on *n*x :(

> although I was planning to break that too next week :).

Do tell :B By the way, when are you turning the standard FT2
renderer into font-rs?

> It is shocking that Skia is aware of whether subpixel rendering is
> enabled or not. Look at this hack: [...]

Oh boy. Just for reference, what should be off-limits to client code?

I also just remembered that Firefox is using Skia internally, so no
extra bug report necessary I guess.