[ft-devel] Requirement for the subscription of BSD-FreeType License

From: Jinattaporn K
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2017 18:00:00 +0900

Dear The Authors, Organization or Whom it may concern,

Regarding to the FreeType Project module, under BSD FreeType License that retained the copyright you are holding, we are a kind of third-party user who are planning to modify object or code for apply the module as open source to our product including notices the copyright in our distribution.

We already try to understand the limitation or agreement of the license but seems some part quite not clear for understanding. So, we would like your support to provide the explanation following requirement below.;

1.    What is the properly sentence of copyright we need to describe in our work.? (As we have checked previously, either users described only short sentence or long sentence as full description.)

2.    We want to make sure, where we can subscript your copy right.?

Specify as in distribution document and/or all materials, for example if we produce a product, Do we need to subscript your copyright on our products display or only in our instruction manual document is enough.?

3.    If this license have any special requirement or recommendation, we pleased to accept your advice.

Sorry if this requirements are troubles you, but we are really want to give encourage to the holders of copyright and following your limitation correctly.

Thank you in advance for your support.

Best Regards,

ORION ELECTRIC CO.,LTD

41-1 Iehisa-cho, Echizen-city,