Re: [ft-devel] Loading empty bitmap fails? (Re: Freetype-devel Digest, V

From: Hin-Tak Leung
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Loading empty bitmap fails? (Re: Freetype-devel Digest, Vol 151, Issue 11)
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2017 15:18:33 +0000 (UTC)

 Date: Sun, 6 Aug 2017 20:21:43 -0700
 From: Behdad Esfahbod <address@hidden>
 To: Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden>
 Cc: "address@hidden"
 <address@hidden>
 Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Loading empty
 bitmap fails?

> > How do the Apple and MS rendering
> engines behave?
> >

> Donno.  MS supports CBDT
> fonts.  I have not tested.  Don't have a Windows
> machine or access to one these days.

The closely related EBDT code in Font Validator is available. That said, it is
probably not very indicative of how MS rendering engine behaves, since it is
all in C#.
I think Microsoft's C code for EBDT likely came from Apple's bdat(?) code
another decade before that,  so Apple and MS rendering behavior may be similar.